Monday, July 12, 2004

Ramblings on Texas and Spiderman 2

Things have been a little busy and hectic. There are things I want to do, and the things I need to do before doing the things I want to do.

Two weeks ago we left on vacation for Texas. The occasion was a family reunion to celebrate my wife's mother's 90th birthday. This time we drove down instead of flying. That's 1,300 miles from the Grand Rapids, MI area down to the Austin, Texas area, and 1,300 miles back. It still beat spending time at work even if the office is air conditioned.

I like the Texas/Oklahoma plains area. You can see off in the distance a good 30 - 40 miles away; wide open sky and dry heat; a good place to snowbird some day, Lord willing.

On another note, this past Friday night my daughter and I went to see Spiderman 2. I agree with those who say Spidy 2 is better then Spidy 1. I wanted to go primarily to see the special effects on the big screen, and on that point was not disappointed.
There were also some philosophical issues to deal with, and some other time I may post my comments on those aspects of the movie. It was very clear at the end of Spidy 2, that there is every intent to have a Spiderman 3.

So, have you seen Spiderman 2? What are your thoughts?

~ The Billy Goat ~

No comments: