Sunday, December 07, 2003

The Chariots of God


I was walking along a road. It was dark but not so dark that I couldn't make out the images around me. As I looked over my left shoulder, I saw them. Whirling pillers formed like tornados... They were in an even row equally spaced apart, and I sensed, though I did not actually see them, that there were others of these whirling tornado like pillers on my right as well. I was not afraid and continued walking. At the point where the funnels were touching the ground there were sparks flying, like you see when grinding metal... The night sky was somewaht hazy but I could make out that the stars were there, though not clear.

At some point it hit me what the whirlling pillers actually were.. "ANGELS!". I shouted. "They're Angels!" I have no idea who I was saying that to for it seemed I was alone.

All of a sudden the whirling pillers rushed by and I felt myself being carried up. I could see the stars clearly, but they started to blur like they do in a Star Wars movie when you hit warp. I was shooting through the universe. Stars were streaking by...

I was awake. I turned over in my bed.... I wondered, "Was what it was like for Elijah?"

~ The Billy Goat ~

No comments: