Tuesday, May 17, 2005

To And Fro: Lots of ideas. Little time to develop them and put them to blog. Here are a few.

What is "Process Theology", and should we care?

What makes a "para-church organization" "para-church"? And if you think you have an answer to that question, what are the implications and logical results of the assumptions behind your definition? Also, why should I accept your definition as definitive? (If you didn't "get it", I'm asking on the basis of what authority I should accept your definition as final.)

Is this the year the Detroit Tigers make it to the playoffs? I grew up when a Tiger team included Al Kaline, Rocky Colivito, and Norm Cash. I remember Sparky Anderson with fondness. Those were the days. Is this the year we hope once again? I need to learn the names in the lineup. I'm even checking the latest American League Central Division standings in the sports page almost every day.

We leave for Texas in a few days to see family. Austin Hill Country, prickly pear, and Bluebonnets... Texas is not the "south". Texas is the "west". Blue sky and low humidity (away from the coast). ...and I'm taking the golf clubs.

Speaking of which I really like my new Ping #5 driver. It was my choice of gift for my quarter century anniversary at the soap factory. Another 300 years and I'll have a complete set of clubs... ;) We were playing scramble at Pine Croft near Beulah, MI on the shore of Crystal Lake. I made the mistake of letting Jim take a try with it. With that club, he hit the ball a "country mile" and got us up close to the green. He wanted to put that club in his bag and take it home. Sorry Jimmy. You'll have to wait until you get the rest of your 25 in at the shop. :)

Speaking of "toys", back in late March we got a portable outdoor fire place (POFP). We really enjoy it. It's relaxing to sit out on the patio in the evening with a little fire going in the POFP.

At church we are looking at embarking on a long range building program. We're maxed out, and attendance has leveled off because the sanctuary is maxed. We desperately need more classroom space too. The suburban area around the church building is growing; new subdivisions and etc... We're not looking for "numbers", but we do want to be faithful to what we've been called to as a church of Jesus Christ. It is my prayer we do not lose sight of the core values that have made this church special to us as a family. I'm adverse to "change", but some change is necessary if we want to retain those values. Much, much prayer is needed....

Enough rambling to and fro for now....

Jesus reigns!

~ The Billy Goat ~

No comments: