Saturday, November 20, 2004

The Billy Goat's "Toy" of the Week


The Oregon Scientific 1.3 Mega Pixels digital camera: No bells and whistles on this one.

This digital camera was my selection from this year's edition of the Christmas Gift Catalog we receive each year from the company I work for. No turkeys... No hams... Not even a fruitcake... But a Gift Catalog with a variety of selections. I've wanted a digital camera for some time, and this was my opportunity to get one, though not the one I would have gone out to buy if money was more free flowing in our household...

The resolution is not all I would desire. The "best" fine grain setting gives a 1280 X 1024 resolution. There is suppose to be a 2X zoom feature that I've not played with yet. And there was no memory card with the package, although the camera has a compact flash card slot. Without the flash card, the camera only holds 4 "best" resolution pictures.

That's not a lot so I went to Circuit City and picked up a SanDisk 128 MG compact flash card. I know I could have got it much cheaper on line, but sometimes I am willing to pay for immediate gratification. I popped the card in and... Shazaam! Now I have room for 477 fine grade resolution pictures... Life is good...

Which reminds of the little ditty my brother-inlaw likes to sing.

Hush little luxury...
Don't you cry...
You'll become a necessity
By and by...
Happy holidays!

~ The Billy Goat ~

No comments: